Peter F. Van Aulen
Peter Van Aulen’s practice focuses on divorce, family law and mediation. He is one of only 186 attorneys who is certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a matrimonial attorney. This designation is given by the Supreme Court to lawyers who have demonstrated high levels of education, experience, skill and knowledge in family law. Peter Van Aulen is an experienced matrimonial trial attorney. He has been a practicing divorce and family law attorney for over 22 years, through the years he has handled a wide range of divorce cases from the simple to the highly complex. Also, Mr. Van Aulen is also a trained mediator. Mr. Van Aulen is dedicated to representing and fighting for his client’s interests. Mr. Van Aulen is a member of the Early Settlement Panel in Bergen County. Said panel is made up of experienced family law attorneys that listen to unresolved divorce cases and provide recommendations in order to produce settlements and avoid further litigation. As a panelist Peter Van Aulen has helped a number of attorneys and litigants settle their cases. He was also an adjunct professor. Peter Van Aulen has written over thirty articles on family law that can be found on this website. He offers a free initial consultation to answer your questions.
J.D., New York Law School, 1990
New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Completed Family Mediation Training
- Qualified AOC Mediator
B.S., Ramapo College, 1987
- Double Major in Political and Business and Administration
- Graduate Speaker
- Recipient of Dean’s Award
- Student Government President
- UN Debate Team Won Best Justice
- Distinguished Alumni Award
U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 1991
U.S. Court of Appeals Third Circuit, 2008
Supreme Court of the United States, 2008
New Jersey Association for Justice
Family Law Section
- Law Offices of Peter Van Aulen, 1996-current
- Ramapo College of New Jersey, 1993-2006
- Seton Hall University, 1997
Member of Bergen County Family Law Early Settlement Panel
- Williams & Puglisi 1991-1996
- A child custody trial for a father in Bergen County
- An appeal concerning child custody and the Hague Convention which resulted in a published opinion
- A petition in Federal District Court involving international child custody
- An appeal of a domestic violence restraining order
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Ramapo College
Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Attorney
Peter Van Aulen was selected to the 2016 and 2017 Super Lawyers list. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Peter Van Aulen has received a rating by Martindale Hubbell. A description of the rating methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Peter Van Aulen is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Matrimonial Attorney.